Mr. Wake

Are you understand?

Name:
Location: Kamakura, Kanagawa, Japan

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hail Britannia


Guess who gets to go to England? Sasaki-san does. He's one of our engineers. But guess who doesn't speak any English, so guess who gets to go with him? That's right. From the first of May for nine days. No more blood donating for me (which is unfortunate). Now I'm cool with helping out Sasaki-san with ordering a warm pint, getting fish n chips, telling the waitress his steak wasn't boiled enough, etc. But I'm not comfortable doing simultanious interpretation in a technical meeting. I wouldn't even understand the English. I explained my misgivings to Shacho and he said, "No problem. Don't worry about it." Which either means that there will be Japanese speakers there or that Shacho has faith in me and just knows I can do it. Which I can't. But, hey, free England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home